Hike to the Highest Point in the UAE with Hector & Sophia – Jebel Jais
Hiking with your dogs helps build a strong bond between you and your dogs and it is the best way to get some exercise for your dogs and yourself.
Since now is the best time for a hike because of the cold weather, we went out to try a few of the hiking trails in UAE. Today we will share our hike at Jebel Jais Ghaf summit.
The UAE’s highest peak, Jebel Jais is part of the spectacular Hajar mountains that were formed over 70 million years ago in the eastern part of Ras Al Khaimah
- Hiking at Jebel Jais
- Trail name: Ghaf Summit
- Trail distance: 4.3 KM
- Difficulty: Moderate
- You can start from the viewing deck park until you reach the north or south summit which is a 4.3KM hike including a rest area and 4 viewing points where you can rest and take few pictures with the dogs
- If you have a booking at 1484 by puro (the highest restaurant in UAE) you can access the security gate and park at the adventure peak welcome center and you can start the hike from there – 2.5 KM hike to reach the summit
Places to stop by:
- 1484 by puro – the highest restaurant in UAE
- Jebel Jais adventure peak welcome center for the longest zipline in the world
- Zipline tour
Things you can see:
- Groups of donkeys carrying loads used by the mountain villagers
- Goats roaming around the mountain
- Stunning view of Hajar mountains and the sea
- The highest public point in the UAE
Things to consider:
- Consider having shoes for your dogs as some stones are sharp
- Have lots of water and energy bar or some snacks
- It gets cold in the early morning, consider wearing gloves to keep your hands warm
- Always keep some first aid kit with you
Ras Al Khaimah’s Jebel Jais, at 1,934 meters tall, usually records temperatures that are 10°C cooler on average than other popular landmarks across the country.
Jebel Jais offers the opportunity for travelers and residents looking for outdoor adventures and diverse scenery at significantly cooler temperatures than at sea level, and incredible views of the stunning Ras Al Khaimah landscape.
Read other dogventure blogs here and follow us on Instagram for more dog guides in the UAE.
Leave your comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.